This savory bread is light, soft, buttery, and smells amazing!
I found a savory pesto wreath bread recipe at domesticgothess. I used her dough recipe and followed the baking instructions. Instead of using a Pesto filling, I went with what I had available – butter, garlic, Italian herbs, fresh rosemary, and Parmigiano cheese.
This is her recipe:
- 400g (3 + 1/3 cups) strong white bread flour
- 7g (2tsp) fast-action yeast
- 8g (1tsp) salt
- 2tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 275ml (1 + 1/8 cups) lukewarm water
The instructions are here.
This is the filling I used:
- A handful of fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmigiano cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 50g of unsalted butter
Mix the garlic into the butter, spread evenly on rolled out dough. Then scatter the grated Parmigiano and rosemary.
I made a mistake with the ends, I did not tuck them under so it’s not a perfect wreath shape. Other than that, it’s super delicious!